Sunday, April 13, 2008

Burning the Midnight Oil

Okay, so it's not quite midnight. It's 11:36 to be precise, and I'm trying to finish up the intro graphic for the Faith Alive video. Stylistically, it is done and looks good. I based the design off of an idea that my friend and former co-worker, Dion, came up with. I just need to tweak a few things and it isn't the fastest process in the world. At any rate, I am nearing the end of this leg of my journey. I have mixed emotions about almost being done. On the one hand, it'll be great to have my life back to normal. But, on the other, I'm not sure how I feel about my involvement with Faith Alive reaching an end. Yes, there are other ways I can help, I'm sure. But basically since January 25 (and before), my life has been all about this video for FA, and now that's going to end. I kind of feel like I'm going to finally be leaving Africa. I've had daily reminders of the people and the sights and sounds of Jos, Nigeria for 2 months since we got back. Now, I won't necessarily have that. I'll have the videos and all the raw footage, but it won't be something that I have to open up and look at everyday. It's going to be weird. After 2 months of probably 60 hours of working on video stuff (between my job and Faith Alive stuff), I'm going to just have my work. I never would have thought this would be a problem, but I don't really see how all the momentum that's been building within me is just going to stop. Clearly I'm going to have to find another way to get my dose of giving back. Okay, my latest graphic preview is done. Let's hope it looks good so I can go to bed!

Thanks for reading! God be with you!

No comments: