Monday, December 10, 2007

You've Got Mail...

As I always say, if this is your first visit please read my first post, "My Mission" to get a better understanding of this blog.

A lot of you will be coming here because you got a letter with your Christmas card from Anna and I that directed you here. First and foremost, THANKS FOR VISITING! I hope you didn't mind the intrusion into the Christmas cards, but we felt like it was an appropriate message for the holiday season...that and we figured it was the easiest solution and the closest we could come to a captive audience.

In the next few weeks I'll really start into this whole blogging thing. But for now I'm trying to keep the posts down to a minimum so that everyone can see the main points without having to dig. So please come back often!

A final thought from my soapbox. Each year, the holidays seem to get more and more commercialized. Maybe it's just that I'm getting older and my eyes have started seeing things beyond Santa and my personal wish lists, but all the same, I think we can agree that this time of year is a little nuts. And quite frankly, that stinks. Whether your celebrating Hanukkah or Christmas, this time of year is supposed to be about celebration and recognition of God, not consumerism and toys. So as you go through the holidays this year, don't let the Christmas lights blind you...be renewed by the season and bring some joy to those around you! (ie. don't yell at the cashier cause you stood in line for 10 minutes at Wal-Mart!)

Peace!

2 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Hi! :) We got your Christmas card last week and I thought I'd come check out your site. This is such an awesome thing that you are doing and I'm really proud to have such a cool petit frere :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, thought I would stop by and see what you are doing. Can I stay at your place and enjoy the snow while you are gone? Its a great thing you are doing and I wish you luck in your endeavor.