Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

I'm now less than 1 month from departing on my trip. Actually, I leave in a little more than 2. January 25, to be exact. I got all my vaccinations about 3 weeks ago, so I'm now resistant to Hepatitis A & B, Yellow Fever, Meningitis, Typhoid, and Polio. I also should be getting a visa issued from the Nigerian government sometime soon.

Things are coming together for our trip, but it still doesn't seem real. I've been through a bit of an ordeal with securing a camera for this adventure, but I have one lined up that should do a great job. That's the one problem with being a professional videographer...it's really hard to be satisfied with "cheaper" cameras when you're used to shooting on really nice equipment. After purchasing and returning a camera, I will now be borrowing one from another member of our church, Dr. Bryan Willson. I actually helped him pick out this camera a few years ago when he was looking for something that was easy to use, small for travel, and somewhat inconspicuous. Who knew that I'd need a camera with those same qualities? I think my chance run-in with Bryan at church and his volunteering the camera (before I even asked) is just another way that God is involved in this crazy adventure of mine.

I have much more to say, but I need to save something so that I actually come back to this and update it more often. Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments: