Monday, January 21, 2008

The Great Commissioning

Yesterday was our last Sunday in church before we leave, so there was a commisioning/blessing and laying on of hands at the 11:00 service. It was really nice to have not just the pastors, but about a dozen or so members of the congregation come up for the prayer to show support. Afterwards I did a short on-camera interview with everyone about their pre-trip thoughts. I plan to use it as an intro for the video I want to make that is First Pres specific. It was pretty neat to learn why everyone has decided to go and what they're expecting to take away from the trip. I even did an interview with Russ being my interviewer. I must say, I am much more comfortable behind the camera. I felt kind of awkward, but I suppose that's how most people feel in that situation.

I also packed last night. I didn't start until 10:00, so I hope I wasn't too tired to get what I need. I'm actually impressed with the size of my pile of clothes. If I weren't carrying on the video camera, I'd be able to fit all my stuff in a carry-on with ease! It certainly helps that we'll be able to get clothes washed while we're there. I probably need to pack an extra bag or something so I can bring back some gifts. After all, we'll be taking 2-3 boxes of meds apiece on the way over, but nothing is coming back except our personal belongings.

Oh well, I'm actually at work right now, but wanted to get an entry in for yesterday's events. Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Anna said...

We are both slackers - I blogged this morning too!! Maybe eventually I will start working ...