Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Slipping back into busyness

I know that there are at least a few of you who are checking in on my blog, so I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by! I haven't quit writing, I've just been busy.


We had an impromptu meeting the other day at the Faith Alive office here in the Fort. 2 of the key women responsible for getting FA the momentum that is has right now were in town to transfer some of their obligations to members of our church. Sally is the president of the FA board, and Pam is probably the first American who got involved with Dr. Chris way back in 1998. It was really interesting to here the stories of how they became involved. And they're just really nice people, to boot. It was nice to be with everyone again, and it was just about as chaotic as it was in Nigeria, once again. Who knew it could take over an hour for 11 people to introduce themselves and how they got involved with FA. Especially when the basic answer for most all of us could be the same....Russ. It's really neat to think that my involvement and my video can all be traced back to Russ riding a bike at the gym and seeing a report about famine in Niger. That's what lit his internal fire to go to Africa, and through a recommendation of someone he met at FPC, he ended up at Faith Alive a few months later. I can only hope that I can influence people in the same way. I spoke to my parents on the phone last night and the pastor of their church (the one I grew up in) asked them to have me write a little trip report for their church newsletter. So the doors are opening for me to share my experience. If even one person I share my story with makes some commitment or lifestyle change, then I'll be happy.

As for my video(s)...Erika sent me list of the dates she would like to have 3-4 videos done. All of them are late March through April, so I have time. I'll be focusing on the main Faith Alive video, since that was my main reason for going, but I'll still put my heart into the others as well. So I should be pretty busy over the next month!

Oh yeah, the pictures...from left to right: the line waiting outside the clinic, a little girl at the village, and Tina from the sewing school, ready to be my apprentice! If you click on any of them, you should get a full size version.

Thanks again for reading and may God be with you!

No comments: