Sunday, March 16, 2008

Scriptwriting

My task for today has been trying to write a script for the Faith Alive video. Ideally, I would have done this prior to ever setting foot on a plane. But I didn't. So now I'm trying to retrofit my footage to a script...not the easiest thing in the world to do. However, it has gone remarkably well. I just opened my little word pad thing and started typing, and 2 hours later I have a first version of the script. And as I was writing, I would have little flashes of where certain interviews might fit in. It's really pretty cool, cause this will allow me to move much faster on the basic structure of the video. If you think of it as a body, the script is the skeleton, it's the foundation from which everything else comes. (That's why I should've had this done long ago!) Then the images, are the muscles and organs. They're the part that really does all the work for the video. And then the graphics are the skin. Well, it would actually be better to say that they're the clothing, but what need skin somewhere. At any rate, the graphics are the part that make the video look finished. And so with that metaphor, I become Dr. Frankenstein, trying to piece together these parts to make a functioning beast in the end. And with any luck, I'll pull it off. I need to polish up my script and get it formatted so that I can send it off to Russ for the go-ahead. I think it's a good start, and I can actually envision what it'll look like. That's usually the toughest part, and I'm starting to breakthrough it.

That's it for now! Thanks for stopping by and may God be with you! And I have to say this...How 'bout them Dawgs!

No comments: